Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 April 2015

WORDS

Imagine life without words!  It would be like a pool without water; or a bicycle without wheels, or a pen without ink!  I can think of many things imaginable and unimaginable which can be equally bad!

A child would undoubtedly say life would be bad without sweeties, and a teenager would say life would be bad without all electronic gadgets. An elderly person wouldn’t be able to imagine life without the health aids like a walking stick, or a hearing aid and naturally all essential medication.

I can’t imagine my life without all my family and loved ones; without those who understand me and accept me for what I am – those who accept my mood swings and who tolerate my bouts of creativity.  I can’t imagine my life without vibrant sunshine every day and the beauty of nature which surrounds me; the willingness of plants who give much pleasure after careful nurturing and water. Life would be bleak without our little Lolla!

Think of a few very confusing words : lead, wind, bass.  Then there are others : pray and prey, too and two. The whole learning process of stringing words together is an immensely challenging and exciting process which never ceases.  Have you ever thought what it would be like if there were no written words – strung together in countless sequences and which actually make sense.  One can “embroider” with words and can transform a plain set of words which can be strung together to form a vibrantly colourful string of beads or into a kaleidoscope of  enchanting hues which send one on a journey  into the land of fantasy and joy!

The Bee Gees have a lovely song :

                       It’s only words, and words are all I have
                       To take your heart away

My word, what a mouthful!

Linnie

16 April 2015

3 comments:

Douglas said...

I accidentally double-clicked the pic. Low and behold, I discovered this beautiful three dimensional kaleidoscopic mandala spread lavishly across my screen.
Goes perfectly with your words.

linniegee said...

The beauty of words forming a kaleidoscope of vibrant colours!

linniegee said...

The beauty of words forming a kaleidoscope of vibrant colours!