Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 April 2015

LOST AND FOUND

                    “YOU NEED TO GET LOST BEFORE YOU GET FOUND

There are quite a few songs which come to mind when I see these words, and this also sends me on a nostalgic and sometimes stressful journey which I find myself travelling.  One of the worst things I can imagine for myself, is to lose something.  I would rather throw away the item or even destroy it, before I can accept myself losing it!  Often I “lose” something, only to find it years later in the place where I had placed it for safe-keeping! 

When we were visiting our children in New Zealand, we went to a busy shopping mall during the Christmas rush. This great grandmother was babysitting little Linay while she was playing in the play-centre of the mall, and my handbag was mislaid somewhere!  What utter distress I experienced when I actually realised that it was missing : my “whole life” was inside the bag!  Credit cards, driver’s licence, store cards and everything which was dear to me – not to mention my leather purse and the bag itself!  Deep breaths and soul searching couldn’t bring to mind how I could have lost it!  What to do first?  Action one was to report it lost.  Second action was to contact hubby who was at our daughter’s house.  He was my gallant knight on a white stallion who phoned and cancelled all my cards.  The whole family was very supportive and nobody asked the all important question : HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A STUPID THING – I reserved that question for myself! 

My whole holiday seemed doomed and very gloomy, but I decided to mentally shake myself and put
Picture from the Internet
on a smile and to bravely face the world.  Have you ever wondered whether miracles happen in these modern days?  Well a miracle certainly happened to me the following day – My bag was picked up by some wonderful angel-person in the Mall and it was handed in to security!  Feelings from utter despondence to highest elation were experienced all within 24 hours!  See-saw Marjory Daw … all in the space of a few hours!!


This morning I was rushing to go out, and dropped one of my earrings onto the floor.  Little Lolla was, as she always is, round my feet, and hey presto : no more earring!  I imagined myself walking behind her for 24 hours with a little sieve to do the necessary mining!  I felt my blood pressure plummet to tingling low, only to rise to a blushing high!  During a quick trot down the passage for last minute chores, I saw a sparkling little diamond stud on the carpet!  I guess this glittering little morsel wasn’t too appetising after all!  See-saw Marjory Daw

I can “lose” myself in a good book, and “find” myself in a whole new world of make-believe!  I can lose my temper, and subsequently find that I am full of remorse soon afterwards! I can lose some weight, and then before I can really appreciate my slimmer body, find that I have gained it all again.  Once again : See-saw Marjory Daw!!

YOU NEED TO GET LOST BEFORE YOU GET FOUND

Linnie

26 April 2O15

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sulke ware woorde ...
Baie waar Amazing Grace

Cecile said...

Never will I forget your handbag experience! You described it so well! glad you found the earring! x

linniegee said...

Yes, I aged 20 years in one day!

Douglas said...

It is said that real loss only occurs when you lose something that you love more than yourself. That time when a person can sincerely say "I see my future in no one else but you"
Other than that I still hear Mom singing in the kitchen
"When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride."