Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 July 2009

7 MAGAZINE

Room with a View

MAGAZINE

After a busy day – I can put my feet up and relax with my favourite magazine … Page through it starting from the back ofcourse. I skip the pages with the longer articles ; linger longer on those with sumptuous and mouthwatering recipes: Drooling and dreaming … beautiful gardens and homes catch my attention next! I can never even begin to imagine how anyone can really live in such lovely homes. (what do they say about sour grapes?) Ah, enough dreaming - now to settle down and read the story which catches my fancy. I start on page 42 … read avidly and see “continued on page 60” … I page to the correct page – or should I say, I TRY to go to the page concerned, but to no avail! There are plenty of advertisements inbetween, but no sequence of page numbers! Eventually I detect number 51! Now it shouldn’t be too long before I make this discovery … yet another very scare page number pops up : this time it’s no 73! Oh no … now I’ve lost the gist of the story! Back to page 51 and count each page till I get to the elusive 60! I continue reading till I reach yet another referral to the page of unknown destination .. here I go again – same story as before …
I have learnt a valuable lesson from this little exercise : Now I FIRST get all the relevant pages and place cryptic markers between the pages, and only then settle down reading my story! Did I say that I dreamed of relaxing with my magazine! NO, this was a very strenuous exercise! Goes to show that one is never too old to learn! … or maybe : There’s many a slip twixt the cup and the lip!









No comments: