Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 July 2009

3 BEGINNING TODAY........

Yes, quite a good philosophy to have in one's life. I guess folks tend to try and relive the past, Well, sometimes I think that can't be such a bad idea - one just has to keep perspective and not let the past memories overshadow one's present way of life.
And the future ... well, none of us are certain of that, are we?!
TODAY is the only place in time of which we are certain - we should enjoy it as if it were the last ... now doesn't THAT sound too dramatic? No, I guess now we have to stop and smell the roses!
Talking of roses - I have very fond memories of the time when we went to Kroonstad to look around. This was a strange town and we had heard that we were transferred to there. We drove around the town, and practically every house had the most beautiful roses - I remember it was October! Must be a good time for roses! We found a nice house to buy, and naturally this place had the most beautiful rose garden : with at least 30 rose trees! Now THAT's a memory I allow myself to savour .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynette,
Lovely Philosophy, I battle to let the past go, as the ghosts there, are firmly etched on my rigid mind. Louise